Blogger supplies every blog with the standard orange "B" blogger favicon. Having your own unique favicon is a great way to give your blogger template both a distinct and explicit brand. These small 16X16 pixel images will most definitely help your blog stand out from the rest of the blogspot blogs.
What is a Favicon?A favicon is a small 16X16 image located at the top of your browser in the url bar.
How to Change your Favicon
- First go to Layout >Edit HTML in your Blogger Dashboard.
- Backup your existing template before making any changes!
- Place the code below directly below the </head> tag in your template.
- Now save your template.
- Once your template is saved view your blog and make sure to refresh the page and delete your cookies.
<link href='http://bsaves.com/HowHero/Blogger%20Templates/moonspot/images/favicon.ico' rel='shortcut icon' type='image/vnd.microsoft.icon' /> <link href='http://bsaves.com/HowHero/Blogger%20Templates/moonspot/images/favicon.ico' rel='icon'/>
Creating your own Favicon
- Replace the image URL (2X) with your own 16 pixel by 16 pixel image hosted on the internet. http://bsaves.com/HowHero/Blogger%20Templates/moonspot/images/favicon.ico
- You can host your own favicon blogger image at sites such as ImageShack; PhotoBucket; Flickr; etc.
- Check out this Favicon Generator Tool which allows you to upload an image and it will format it for you!